Monday, September 2, 2013


Hello family!
have you guys been praying for me like crazy? Because good news: Im not sick anymore! It seriously was a miracle from heavenly father.

I got to go to the temple today! Unreal. Boston Temple is BEAUTIFUL....not like LA or SLC though. The Connecticut temple is supposed to have a mural of new England in the fall. So excited for that!....oh wait too bad I wont be here.
The temple is the most amazing place. Whenever I describe it to nonmembers I don't even do it justice. Then I look at less actives, those who have been through the temple and are SO deeply saddened for them. they are people who built chapels out here with their bare hands and even those who were temple workers. I always think, "If they would have gone to the temple on a regular basis...regular meaning often...meaning you may have to sacrifice or set aside time......they would not be where they are at today. The new video was so unreal - blew me away.
If you haven't gone to the temple this month - GO. that's funny...its September 2nd...looks like you are all already due for another trip :)

Sister Barney has a friend serving a mission in California and they have ipads and are  using them to teach less actives and friends from home and getting referals...and crazy crazy things! We are SO excited to get ours!

Im learning a lot about myself, a lot about heavenly father's wonderful plan, and a lot about how individualized we are and how each of our personalities and talents are so much needed in this world for good! I used to be a missionary with a little bit of ADD....I didn't think I did but my trainer always told me I did..lovingly. Im a pretty go go go person. I have the mind adrenaline of Bob Bell (which is a good thing daddy :) ) which I never thought I would have. the difference is, Bob Bell actually has learned to control it and can go that fast WHILE going smart. im still learning that balance. we don't need to be frantic to feel productive...im learning that. im also learning that I can be happy without being complacent. still trying to figure that out too. I have to apologize to Heavenly Father all the time about how im not as good of a trainer as id like to be and that things aren't happening fast.....but heavenly father is definetly teaching me that my ways are NOT his ways. great things don't happen overnight....except the berlin wall coming down and even that was a process before it actually occurred. im learning that heavenly father knows that I want to do my best and that im trying to soak up as much as I can so I need to be happy about the pace he is having me learn at. I just want to learn everything NOW.....bummer that life is line upon line.

I love you all and I am so grateful for an eternal family and that each of you are so actively keeping your covenants. I see families where even just one has gone away and how it has an effect on the entire family. No wonder why our prophets counsel over and over to make the temple a priority and to make ourselves and our homes temples. We aren't frantic in temples. No one is running around inside...there is no contention...and there is no doubting about life...you feel secure, loved, and remember your purpose.  we quickly forget that when we get out. lets not forget that! lets make the temple a priority!

Go cougars - heard it was a rough game. don't disappoint cougs. we're counting on you. I still sleep with my cosmo pillow pet every night. proud of it kids - represent coug nation.

Love,
Sister Bell

Stop Worrying - Start Caring. Run Smarter - not faster.

No comments:

Post a Comment