Tuesday, February 18, 2014

February 17, 2014

Hi Family!

Congratulations to the newest member of the family, Jaxon! What a cutie! 
I am settling into the Weston area. You can send my mail to the mission office: 
182 west central st. suite 203, natick, ma
It is a new experience working in the mission office. We have a nice new renovated apartment and 2 senior couple missionaries live in the complex as well and make sure we're taken care of. Theyre the cutest to work with. WE LOVE THEM. Theyre a blast in the office. Makes me ssoo excited for mom and dad to be a senior couple. Sis. Wagner is my new companion. She is great - shes the most upbeat positive person, sometimes its scary how happy she is. She is a firefighter - legit right?? The office likes to make fun at the rugby/firefighter companionship. She has 21 nieces and nephews - way surpassed me. didnt think thatd ever happen! shes also only a few transfers away from going home which is weird - i told her shes not allowed to get trunky on me and she agreed :) 
There was a crazy storm this weekend. Im so glad i have warm shoes and warm clothes to bundle up in! makes you grateful for the pioneers! 
The portable visitors center, PVC is coming along. We did our skeleton outline and tons of research from other visitors centers. We called salt lake to try to get access to the christus recording that we are thinking we'll put with a short video of christs ministry - no we're not bringing in a 30 ft fragile statue. Now that we have it outlined we are working on dissecting each auxiliary and gathering clips and quotes for content for the boards and interactive videos. Needless to say we're really excited to attend the presidency meeting tomorrow for all our work to get sent to the shredder.....

Its a little hard because we were given no direction accept go do it. Im excited to receive more specific direction tomorrow as we counsel in a group. I feel really inadequate to be working on it - i dont know why they asked us because i can think of a million other people who could come up with way more brilliant ideas. I feel ok though because I feel like I'm giving my all. I know that means good things will come regardless of the source. In sacrament meeting yesterday there was a talk about revelation and how a lot of times God closes a lot of doors, and what a blessing that is because it guides you to the one that is open with SURETY its the right door. I felt like thats our project in a nutshelll. Sister Wagner are going to research and put together a million things for 9/10ths to "go to waste" because of one comment in a meeting that will change it all, and put it together the right way. But we'd then know with surety...we'll know we did all we could and thats enough regardless if it reaps direct results for the project. We've been given an immense amount of trust to be the only missionaries with an ipad....without securities too. I feel this overwhelming sense of duty (in a positive way) to The Lord. I dont want to spin my wheels to do busy work, but i do want every second to count. I have no idea what im doing but i already have an addiction to the project. As soon as I wake up...after i want to kill the alarm clock...i get super excited and continue my content and video dissecting for each of the topics. As i watch all of the videos and read piles of info on lds.org I feel such an overwhelming spirit and sense that this is going to bring so many people to Christ. How could you not be addicted to that? :) 
Im happy - im trying to show how happy i am on the outside so i wont seem like a crazy psycho thats addicted to the office work. Ive learned about myself that when im around social happy people when theres a lot to do it makes me go into over compensation of the flip side of being boringly diligent. so im working on being....funly diligent? yup - thats a word. im also working on my english skills........

picture: sis wagner and i taking a pic on the ipad. i know - woa.

Love ya! Keep us in your prayers that we'll know what to do!  
Sister Bell 

Keepin it real...cuz it is real!
 
 
 
1. meeting the new comp
2. our new toy
3. our new office
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment