Tuesday, September 9, 2014

September 1, 2014

I wish there was one word to sum up this week, but since when does that ever happen? We went to a couple amazing baptisms and the missionaries are really starting to utilize the PVC effectively. We were invited to do a 3rd hour training on How to Use the PVC effectively in Central Falls, RI. Sister Hurst was so cutely excited as she served over 7 months there. It went INCREDIBLE. The spirit was really strong and there was a perfect balance of spiritual (so they'd get a feel of what we teach/how we teach) and tangible 'how to' helps. The members participated and guided the lesson as if we had put plants in the audience.
Afterwards we went to a member's home there who fed us. We are like ravenous travelers who don't have a home. Yet, I never have to worry about where my next meal is coming from - something always pops up! 
At the woman's home we shared Because of Him and our recently made Christ's Church video. If you haven't seen either one - ya need to go look at it..now.
Because of Him is one of the standard videos in the tour that we show so lets just say I see it.....ehhh approximately 4-8 times a week. Each time it's good, but it starts to become a habit of sound in the background. This time since it was in the woman's home she held the iPad and so I couldn't see the imagery, just heard the music. The blessing of seeing it 15,00 times is that you don't need to see it to know what it looks like, I can imagine every single clip in my head at each point of the song. It transforms a bit differently in your mind when you imagine it yourself, in a very real way. We've been so busy and honestly I've been trying to push off thinking too closely about how the PVC has impacted my life because I just....i just don't have feelings. This time when watching Because of Him, I felt a washed over feeling that tingled to my toes. I thought about all of the times I've watched this video and the process of creating Christ's Church....the process of being apart of an amazing discovery. There's no real word to describe the experience with the Visitors' Center either. People always say 'oh wow what a great learning experience' ,'oh wow i'm sure that'll look good on a resume', 'oh wow, how unique', 'oh wow, what a special experience'. 
No. No, I don't think that accurately covers it. I think it actually does it an injustice. Unique it is. Learning, without a doubt. Special, yeah you can say that. But above all, it has been a SACRED experience. A HOLY experience. If you let your mind wander to a fraction of the experiences that have occurred, you would refer to it as Sacred. As we traveled home from Central Falls following the woman's house, shoot man, a couple tears came down my face! And I ain't a crier! I find out where I go this Friday. It will be very hard to leave the PVC - I feel ready - and I'm SO SO excited to sprint in proselyting again. I watch the shortest clips about missionaries or working in ward councils and I am soo missionary trunky. My poor next companion is going to have to train a greenie again with more fire than all the newbies coming out combined. 
This morning we were able to go to the temple. What a holy place. I learned new things, as always. And very exciting, I was able to do sealings for the first time. Families can be together after death - and what makes it possible is doing what's called 'sealings'. You go into a room and act in behalf of a family who has passed on. They say a specific and sacred prayer using the priesthood authority of God, this is the sealing power that allows families to be together after this life.  Hermana and I were able to act in behalf of daughters. 
To top it off we had a STELLAR primary activity with the PVC - a visit from angel Moroni, sugar cookies, coloring, oh yeah you name it! 
A holy week. Ponder, pray, watch those videos. 
Its all real guys, It's all real.

Love,
Sister Bell

No comments:

Post a Comment