Sunday, October 12, 2014

September 29, 2014

Highlight of the week was an awesome lesson with Mary Jane and Zone Conference. The energy you receive from Zone Conference is almost comparable to the strength you feel after leaving the Temple. Almost because nothing can compare to that, but it is pretty close. You leave more charitable, more focused, more confident, and more excited about the work. The asked the Youngs to drive us to save miles - the coolest members in the world. They were cracking us up the entire way down to Hartford. Brother Young stumbles out of the house with 3 ties around his neck. We said, "Good morning brother young!!! We're so excited!! Our vote is the striped tie." He says, "Oh no, you're bright and cheery this morning. I can't believe we are doing this." He probably repeated I cant believe this is happening like 15 times that morning. It was hilarious. Bless their hearts for spending all day with us. Good thing service brings blessings - keep serving the missionaries around you! :) 
Sister Layton and I felt like the spirit taught us additional ideas of how we can work in the area and how to improve some of our lessons at Zone Conference as well. I also felt like I received guidance to create some personal goals for myself. Sometimes when we feel like we aren't receiving the answers we're looking for it's because we've already been given them. Sometimes its because we're not ready for them. Sometimes it's because we're not doing our part to receive them. As a society we are really good at being busy and it's really easy to feel tired at the end of the day. These are some results we are looking for in feeling validated for our success. I'm grateful for the constant companionship of the Holy Ghost that is our true source of checkpoints to guide the success of our work.
We've been very busy in North Brookfield. And I hope that we haven't just been busy but that we've been productive. I feel like we have, or at least working our way there. I'm gettin more and more in the swing of things - I feel like I have it all - I have the knowledge, we've been trained on the skills, and I have the energy. I just have to review review and do do do. We prayed and set some large goals for the month - not impossible, but definitely a lot of work. We're so excited. Miracles are occurring left and right.
Love you all!
Thanks for the prayers and always the fun fun pictures of the kiddos. Congrats to the newest member- Brayden!! He's adorable!

No comments:

Post a Comment